ON AND OFF THE FIELD, I WILL:
- Use my position to set a positive example for the young people I am responsible for
- Show respect to others involved in the game including match officials, opposition players, coaches, managers, officials and spectators
- Adhere to the laws and spirit of the game
- Promote Fair Play and high standards of behaviour
- Respect the match official’s decision
- Never enter the field of play without the referee’s permission
- Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour
- Be gracious in victory and defeat.
WHEN WORKING WITH PLAYERS, I WILL:
- Place the well-being, safety and enjoyment of each player above everything, including winning
- Never engage in or tolerate any form of bullying
- Encourage each player to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and performance
- Ensure all activities I organise are appropriate for the players’ ability level, age and maturity
- Co-operate fully with others in football (e.g. officials, doctors, physiotherapists, welfare officers) for each player’s best interests.
I understand that if I do not follow the Code, any/all of the following actions may be taken by my club, County FA or The FA:
I MAY BE:
- Required to meet with the club, league or County Welfare Officer
- Suspended by the club from attending matches
- Suspended or fined by the County FA
- Required to leave or be sacked by the club.
- My FA Coaching Licence may be withdrawn