WHEN PLAYING FOOTBALL I WILL:
- Always play to the best of my ability and for the benefit of my team
- Play fairly – I won’t cheat, dive, complain or waste time
- Respect my team-mates, the other team, the referee or my coach/manager
- Play by the rules, as directed by the referee
- Be gracious in victory and defeat – I will shake hands with the other team and referee at the end of the game
- Listen and respond to what my coach/team manager tells me
- Understand that a coach has to do what is best for the team and not one individual player
- Talk to someone I trust or the club welfare officer if I’m unhappy about anything at my club.
I understand that if I do not follow the code, any/all of the following actions may be taken by my club, county FA or The FA:
- Be required to apologise to my team-mates, the other team, referee or team manager
- Receive a formal warning from the coach or the club committee
- Be dropped or substituted
- Be suspended from training
- Be required to leave the club.
- My club, County FA or The FA may make my parent or carer aware of any infringements of the Code of Conduct
- The FA/County FA could impose a fine and suspension against my club.